Skip to main content

Wish, drop hints, even pursue, but know when to let go


Photo: YourTango

What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it’s supposed to be. __Socrates

Steve Harvey in his book “Think like a man, Act like a lady” describes a woman’s love as;

"Nothing on this planet can compare with a woman’s love—it is kind and compassionate, patient and nurturing, generous and sweet and unconditional. Pure. If you are her man, she will walk on water and through a mountain for you, too, no matter how you’ve acted out, no matter what crazy thing you’ve done, no matter the time or demand. If you are her man, she will talk to you until there just aren’t any more words left to say, encourage you when you’re at rock bottom and think there just isn’t any way out, hold you in her arms when you’re sick, and laugh with you when you’re up. And if you’re her man and that woman loves you —I mean really loves you? —she will shine you up when you’re dusty, encourage you when you’re down, defend you even when she’s not so sure you were right, and hang on your every word, even when you’re not saying anything worth listening to. And no matter what you do, no matter how many times her friends say you’re no good, no matter how many times you slam the door on the relationship, she will give you her very best and then some, and keep right on trying to win over your heart, even when you act like everything she’s done to convince you she’s The One just isn’t good enough. That’s a woman’s love—it stands the test of time, logic, and all circumstance."

Wow, that's some real (and long) talk there! 

Truth is, when a woman sets her eyes on a man, she hardly sees how the situation truly is. Thus whether the man feels the same or not, she is rather focused on how good they will be together.

She puts in effort to be noticed by him and when he does not respond the way she wants, she ends up pursuing him because in her mind, she believes this man can be her man if only she makes more sacrifices and holds on a bit longer.

Bad mistake! Because when the sacrifices and the holding on does not work either, she lowers her values, her standards, her worth, even throws in the “cookie” hoping this will somewhat change his feelings towards her.

She is likely to end up ‘being used’ (not a great way to put it, but that’s what it most probably feels like.) The heart wants what the heart wants and a woman in love will do just about anything for who she loves.

Even though her love is one sided, unrequited, she will still support and stay loyal to this man; avail herself whenever he needs her. Sadly, she will receive less than she is giving because a man who is not giving you his time or attention is just not that into you.

There is nothing like being too busy. If a man really likes you, he will make time. It is only when feelings are not mutual that he will come up with those excuses. Yes, that’s what they are; excuses!


"When a man is truly interested in you, there will be no need for you to do the pursuing. Men are born to pursue women. Yes, you can pursue a man if you want to, but in most cases that’s just an obvious sign that he’s not into you. It’s not natural for a man to sit back and let the woman do all the work. For a man who claims to like you to sit back and allow you to do all of the calling, texting, dating arrangements, talks about the future etc., it’s obvious where you stand in that man’s life. When a man really wants you, you won’t have to chase after him like he’s some celebrity who barely has time for a fan. You will be his priority."

Men are made to pursue women so when you meet a potential, you can give him enough hints to subtly nudge the ‘hunter’ in him. But if he does not pursue, then maybe he’s just not interested and it is time to move on.

No woman should lower standards or values just to get a man interested. I know sistas, sometimes it is hard to let go, even if it’s not meant to be. But be kind to yourself, and save some of that broken heart.

____ N

Comments

  1. Very well put, sista. We should know when to let go to save our time, effort and emotions from such emotionally unavailable men.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, totally. i find a statement like "a good man i s hard to find" flawed. women don't find or pursue men; we just need to position ourselves, that's for those of us who know we need the menfolk. Selah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this article because it’s really informative, I love reading your article and I hope that I will read some more about this stuff, it’s really informative and very entertaining. Company is providing the best Water blasting Auckland at Low Cost. Thanks a lot and have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something about this post

Popular posts from this blog

Why must this be the first sentence uttered by men when you get pregnant?

“A woman can endure all; every pain, every hurt, every bruise, but not one that she causes herself.”   I have decided to share this not because I want to tell my story, but because I want to heal even though that seems like too much to ask right now. I am not in the position to make demands. It is my only hope that someday, maybe, I will be able to forgive myself and move past this. A woman never understands motherhood until she becomes one , or shall I rephrase; a woman never understands motherhood until she experiences what it takes and means to be a mother. It isn’t just about bringing a child into this world; it is about bringing yourself into this world. You are tied by the breath of life to the child you bring forth.  The joys of a mother are that; like the cactus plant she has faced death and triumphed with life and for as long as she lives she will never experience anything as encouraging and comforting as her child’s first clutch of her thumb. It is not o

Women, Marriage, Child Birth and The Blackmailing Older Generation in Ghana

S ome years back, in my late teens, I always told myself I’d get married before I was 23. The thought of being able to enjoy life with my companion in holy matrimony without being pressed (physically, psychologically, or biologically) for children was ideal. I wanted to travel the world. Know people. See places. For my partner and I to get our act together before creating and bringing life into this world.   Maybe the motivation came from knowing my parents discovered each other and started life together quite early. My mother had me when she was barely 21. Three kids down the line, my dad is now in his late 40s, with my mom, a little behind. Definitely, the ‘young old couple’ thingy is attractive. But. I’m currently in my mid-20s. And unmarried. So many things replaced the desire for me to tie the knot before 23. I realized, somehow, that there was no rush. My priorities had shifted. There was education, a lot of growing up to do, and basically life! And there was also my r

When The Past Comes Looking For Me: Part 1

I walk into the shower of the hotel with Adele's new album playing in the background. The water is comforting, but why am I here when I'd just stood under another shower nozzle at my friend's house 3 hours ago? What is it that needs to be scrubbed off this time around? What dirt could I have possibly accumulated in such a short space of time?   Maybe it is the hopeless cries of heartbreak I have had to endure over the past three days. This was my duty as the best friend; to comfort and bring solace to my grieving friend for her ended relationship of almost 3 years. I had never seen my friend like that, and I was there when she buried her father. My awkward self involuntarily went into shut down mode, clueless on how to help steer her back to being the jovial friend I enjoy. Was it the messy room, the unwashed dishes or the unmade bed I slept on all day? Where do I need the water to reach this time? Her boyfriend finally called and I am hopeful th