Skip to main content

For all those relationships that are going nowhere: If he wants you, he’ll put some grind in it



Photo: Sofeminine.co.uk
You have liked, loved, and had an ocean of patience to make things work. You have found yourself frequently questioning if the feeling is mutual because you seem to be the only one doing all the work. It’s as if you are the only one who wants it, and that bad. 
 
Many times you have fought the urge to drop the bomb question “So what’s happening? Where are we headed, you and I?” but let it go because you do not want to sound desperate, even in your own ears. And when you finally get the courage to ask some warranted questions, you are met with tense, on edge behavior that makes you feel like you’re the one clingy of all sorts.

Finding yourself in a relationship that is going nowhere is like a dog trying to catch his own tail. You keep running around in circles of your own until you are dog-tired; spent from all that convoluted chase.

But are you blind to the reality that’s hitting you? No. A lot of women know when their love is unrequited because naturally, women are more emotional than men. But let’s not forget that in spite of the emotional imbalances certain traits are common for both men and women who have got something ‘real’ going on. 

For example, while a man may not text or check in on his woman over 10 times a day as some women would, there will definitely be some form of contact within the day for a man who claims to care an awful lot for his woman.

If you’re with a man, who goes days without any form of contact to you, and then springs up oneday as if nothing ever happened and picks up from where you two left off, then it’s about time you ask some serious questions. 

Most likely, such men will use the excuse of being too busy or will turn the table around and make it seem like you are super clingy. Should you really be sorry for wanting to hear from a loved one within a day or two days? Certainly, not!

Don’t be deceived when they tell you it is a ‘man thing’. It is not a man thing. Men who truly care for their women make time for them and don’t sit on the bench watching their women chase them around like shiny gold trophies. If they want you, they’ll put some major grind in it. They’ll work through their everyday hustle and still find time within 24hours to poke into your text box even if it is just to send a quick smiley. 

Do not let any man make you feel like you’re asking too much of his time. You are not asking too much, because time, is one of the very valuable things you give when you care about someone. 

If a man you have something going with can go a week without talking, texting or seeing you, then he can as well do a lifetime without you. It is time you put yourself first. It is time you stop making excuses for him. It is time you stop accepting the thin excuses he gives for skipping town. It is time to let that man know what exactly it is you want. 

No man is worth walking all over yourself for. If he is right for you, he wouldn’t even make you walk all over yourself for him. If he is right for you, he wouldn’t bolt and reappear 7 days after and expect you to be damn cool about it. If he is legit for you, your memories of him will be more than just the sex you had which never even merited a morning-after text.

Snap out of it and lay all your cards on the table. Refuse to answer distress calls for sex disguised as “I miss you”, and “I want you” every other week or two. Accept that the relationship is going nowhere, and the only thing going down is your pant.

If your man is not willing to take your love to the next level, move on. Put some respect on yourself, and stop begging for his love when you have clearly given him everything you have. 

If you’ve got any more strength in you, save it for the walkaway. You deserve so much more. It’s time you give to yourself some of this love you give to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why must this be the first sentence uttered by men when you get pregnant?

“A woman can endure all; every pain, every hurt, every bruise, but not one that she causes herself.”   I have decided to share this not because I want to tell my story, but because I want to heal even though that seems like too much to ask right now. I am not in the position to make demands. It is my only hope that someday, maybe, I will be able to forgive myself and move past this. A woman never understands motherhood until she becomes one , or shall I rephrase; a woman never understands motherhood until she experiences what it takes and means to be a mother. It isn’t just about bringing a child into this world; it is about bringing yourself into this world. You are tied by the breath of life to the child you bring forth.  The joys of a mother are that; like the cactus plant she has faced death and triumphed with life and for as long as she lives she will never experience anything as encouraging and comforting as her child’s first clutch of her thumb. It is not o

Women, Marriage, Child Birth and The Blackmailing Older Generation in Ghana

S ome years back, in my late teens, I always told myself I’d get married before I was 23. The thought of being able to enjoy life with my companion in holy matrimony without being pressed (physically, psychologically, or biologically) for children was ideal. I wanted to travel the world. Know people. See places. For my partner and I to get our act together before creating and bringing life into this world.   Maybe the motivation came from knowing my parents discovered each other and started life together quite early. My mother had me when she was barely 21. Three kids down the line, my dad is now in his late 40s, with my mom, a little behind. Definitely, the ‘young old couple’ thingy is attractive. But. I’m currently in my mid-20s. And unmarried. So many things replaced the desire for me to tie the knot before 23. I realized, somehow, that there was no rush. My priorities had shifted. There was education, a lot of growing up to do, and basically life! And there was also my r

When The Past Comes Looking For Me: Part 1

I walk into the shower of the hotel with Adele's new album playing in the background. The water is comforting, but why am I here when I'd just stood under another shower nozzle at my friend's house 3 hours ago? What is it that needs to be scrubbed off this time around? What dirt could I have possibly accumulated in such a short space of time?   Maybe it is the hopeless cries of heartbreak I have had to endure over the past three days. This was my duty as the best friend; to comfort and bring solace to my grieving friend for her ended relationship of almost 3 years. I had never seen my friend like that, and I was there when she buried her father. My awkward self involuntarily went into shut down mode, clueless on how to help steer her back to being the jovial friend I enjoy. Was it the messy room, the unwashed dishes or the unmade bed I slept on all day? Where do I need the water to reach this time? Her boyfriend finally called and I am hopeful th